Our Work : Case Studies
eeTECHbriefs are a series of focused, concise webcasts that empower electrical engineers with knowledge and educational resources necessary to stay current with the latest product developments, application solutions and technology changes.
eeTECHbriefs have helped the Hearst Corporation continue to push the envelope in online lead generation and tracking in addition to providing a valuable, cost-effective marketing platform for vendors.
Maximize Online ROI
Hearst Corporation, one of the nation’s largest diversified media companies, needed to develop an online counterpart to their print publications targeted at electronic engineers. The content had to be interactive, easy to produce and compelling to the electronic engineering community.
Most importantly, user metrics and generated leads needed to have extensive tracking capabilities and integrate with existing databases. Email marketing would also be used extensively to promote new vendor webcasts and the site in general.
The Brief Solution
Enter the eeTECHbrief (www.eeTECHbrief.com)—a series of focused, concise webcasts that empower electrical engineers with knowledge and educational resources necessary to stay current with the latest product developments, application solutions and technology changes.
From a marketing standpoint, vendors can customize webcasts with their corporate identity and reach a wider audience than they could with traditional print media, and at a more economical and longer lasting timeline.
- Each on-demand webcast created at New Angle Studios features synchronized audio, a PowerPoint presentation and customized viewer poll.
- All Briefs are posted online in a dedicated portal of webcasts that New Angle Media created: www.eeTECHbriefs.com
- Dynamically created HTML emails announce new webcasts.
- E-mail feedback and custom surveys are available on every Brief.
- An array of lead data and attendance statistics are captured and available online for real-time access.
The Bottom Line
eeTECHbriefs enable engineers. To prove this point, Hearst surveyed nearly 900 engineers. Here’s what the survey found:
- 80% of all attendees strongly agree that their eeTECHbrief event was informative.
- 80% of viewers would attend another eeTECHbrief event.
- 22% of viewers return for another viewing of the same webcast.
- 35% of viewers click on event links while viewing a webcast.
In its first year, eeTECHbrief.com received nearly 40,000 visitors while more than 10,000 users registered with the portal. Dozens and dozens of vendors are involved, and these figures are continually increasing
It’s a Win-Win
We developed a format that’s a win-win situation for the end-user and sales teams alike. End-users receive the information they need, when they want it. Sales teams receive qualified leads and real-time statistics on attendance and viewing behavior.
The bonus: eeTECHbriefs are very affordable. Unlike other low-cost sponsorship opportunities eeTECHbriefs are turnkey solutions that allow sponsors to focus on messaging and content, rather than event logistics and promotion. All front and backend set-up is already handled for the sponsor. No hassles, just instant results.
- User friendly, interactive resource for engineers
- Searchable database of categorized webcast content
- Custom user surveys provide immediate feedback
- Customized reporting for each participating vendor
- Comprehensive intergration of content, registrant information, and lead metrics
- AJAX enabled Content Management System
- Service Oriented Architecture uses RSS/XML feeds, SOAP API
- Adobe Flash & Flex interface
- PHP/MySQL development
New Angle Media really understands the business. The team is highly professional and went out of their way to provide exceptional customer service. We would recommend them to anyone who wants their marketing efforts to have a greater impact.
Lisa DeVine, Marketing Manager, Hearst Electronics Group