Our Work : Case Studies
Realty Executives International
Through unique approaches in online marketing and event promotion, we were able to not only increase convention attendance to record levels during the Realty Executives International Annual Convention in Las Vegas, but we were able to increase the lifespan of valuable material through an ingenuitive post-event campaign. Learn how we did it!
Leave a Lasting Impression
With its 2007 Annual Convention on the horizon, the Realty Executives International marketing team wanted to increase attendance and generate a level of excitement, awareness and cohesiveness that hadn’t yet been achieved at the Convention amongst its internal constituents.
Post-convention efforts would rely heavily on interactive media to make Convention materials, keynote speaker presentations and breakout sessions available to the entire family of Realty Executives International agents and reinforced the innovative, tech-savvy brand that the company sought.
That’s where we came in.
One for the Ages
Together with the internal marketing team at Realty Executives International, we developed the theme Rebirth of an Empire into a complete event identity, including a logo, supporting graphical elements and event style and graphic guidelines.
To promote the event… we created save-the-date cards, a brochure, schedule of events and postcards in addition to a 12-week, online promotion countdown with HTML, Flash and video e-mails.
To engage attendees at the event… our designers created over-sized, unique signage and directional posters. They also collaborated to develop an “ad café,” where Realtors could have their photos taken on a green screen. The photos were later inserted into uniform sales collateral that agents from around the world could bring back to their respective markets, all at little to no cost to the agents. In addition, our in-house production team directed and produced three videos that accompanied keynote speeches.
To extend the life of the event… we filmed all 35 breakout sessions. These videos were later posted in a Web portal which we had previously developed to house event and educational content just like this. The portal served as an educational source for Realtors where webcasts could be viewed on-demand, 24/7/365.
Beyond the Event
Utilizing the latest online technologies like custom Flash™ and Flex™ presentations, interactive online portals and video montages, we were able to create not just an unforgettable Convention for attendees, but a valuable informational resource for the whole company.
So what happened? Well, here are the award-winning results:
- Realty Executives International received tremendous amounts of positive feedback from the 12-week e-mail campaign, which received an impressive unique open rate of 40%.
- Combined marketing efforts resulted in a 20% increase in attendance from the previous year to 1,200 – a new record in the 21-year history of the event.
- About 250 agents participated in the “ad café,” surpassing all expectations. In fact, the ad experience has since become a staple in the organization's events.
- The Web portal received hundreds of views just weeks after the Convention ended, and it continues to receive views to this day.
- New Angle Media was recognized by leading marketing professionals for the Realty Executives International campaign. It picked up top honors in the event marketing category of Phoenix’s 2008 American Marketing Association’s Spectrum Awards.
- Theme & event identity development
- Style & graphical gudelines
- Graphic design & layout for postcards, brochures, on-site program booklet, signage, large-format graphics
- 12 week email marketing campaign
- On-site video crew
- Created webcasts from individual session content
- Created session content portal, e-commerce enabled
Awards & Recognition
- AMA Spectrum Award:
1st Place, Event Marketing